We already know enough about social media marketing, how it is growing day by day. And how social media helped people grow their business in their respective companies.
Many people are still struggling to develop a successful marketing strategy, so I decided to create a definite guide that will simplify social media platforms and be understandable to everyone.
Social media network has a massive number of users, over 3.5 billion that love to share, consume and create information.
As a marketer or a business owner, this could be a life-changing strategy for your business that could get maximum results into your business.
What is Social Media Marketing (SMM)
Uses of social media platforms help you to connect with your audience related to your business and to increase brand awareness, sales and increase traffic on your website.
This practice involves creating content, listening, and engaging with your followers, helping analyze the needs of your followers, running social media advertisements to get maximum results.
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and Snapchat are the most popular social media platforms at the moment where people love to spend time sharing content and engaging with each other.
All over the internet, there are many social media management teams or agencies like AffinityDigit that helps business to grow and achieve success in this marketing.
How Social Media Marketing (SMM) Works
Social media has a huge impact on us as we function today, including the way we connect with each other. As platforms like Facebook Twitter Instagram have algorithms to understand people’s behavior and their interests.
These media platforms allow marketers to create content for their business and promote it all over the internet to engage with people.
Many social networks provide detailed geographical, demographic, and personal information with which marketers can get the maximum benefit and interact with the audience which is relevant to their business.
Buffer had defined five key pillars of social media marketing:
- Strategy: This Step contains ideas of your goals, social media channels to be used and the type of content type to be shared.
- Planning and Publishing: Planning with strategy in business is most important. Draft your plans on what content will look like (i.e. will there be videos? Photos? How much script?) and decide when it will be put out on the platform.
- Listening and Engagement: Businesses should monitor what users, customers, and others are saying about their posts and brands, and other business-related queries. This may require the use of social media engagement tools.
- Analytics and Reporting: Analytics showing the reach of our posted videos or photos on social platforms is very important.
- Advertising: Running ads that help to boost our social media handles is a great way to promote and further develop a brand.
Why Is Social Media Marketing Important Today?
In this digital world, consumers are at risk to browse social media when they want to know more about something or new products because this is the place where they will find others talking about.
If you don’t have a social media presence nowadays you are missing great opportunities to make an impression on your business.
Have a look at these stats according to Oberlo.
- Almost 71% of consumers who had a positive experience with the brand on social media platforms are more likely to recommend their family and friends.
- 90.4% of Millennials, 77.5% of Generation X, and 48.2% of Baby Boomers are active social media users.
- With over 2.7 billion monthly active users on Facebook alone and has the power to grow your business.
You are missing the opportunity if you are not on social media platforms because your customers are on social media channels and using them every single day, multiple times a day.
According to reports on average a user spends 144 minutes every day.
Social media is an ideal place for many companies were looking to grow businesses according to their audience interests and tastes.
Social media is growing day by day and companies will continue to invest in social media to achieve business growth.
5 Core Benefits of Social Media Marketing
- SMM Consistently Warms Up A New Audience For Your Business: Having a business with zero audiences is painful so social media marketing allows you to get your targeted audience for your business with simple strategy tools and tactics. Facebook and other social platforms allow you to create engaging content and connect with the potential audience.
- SMM Builds Stronger Relationships With Customers: Don’t just use social media marketing for selling and promoting. Successful brands and companies connect and engage with their audience and build lasting relationships. For example, when a company shares something on a platform they ask their audience to comment so they can assist them and to make things easier.This is the way you how you show care about their need and their opinions. Best way to build trust with them.
- SMM Generates More Leads & Conversions: Platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn allow you to generate more leads because it has a massive number of active users you can use a mix of paid and organic tactics for conversions.
- SMM Gives You A Leg Up On Competitors: There are a lot of things in SMM to learn especially if you just started marketing with a lack of knowledge. Progressive companies always monitor and analyze their competitors to see what they’re working on. For example, if your competitors are generating more leads then you shouldn’t copy it but you could experiment in your own way related to business. Facebook ad-library where you can see your competitor ads and all other ads currently running across Facebook ads in services including Instagram.
- SMM Is Cost-Effective: Social media marketing is the most cost-efficient way to promote your business it doesn’t cost any cents to create profiles on social channels and unless you run ad campaign to Boost Your content to reach more audience.